Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New York!


This past weekend I went to New York to see my brother's senior viola recital, which was fabulous. I *did* kinda want to strangle the person who kept clapping DURING the music, but that's another whole story that has nothing to do with painting, so I won't talk about it here.

I fucking LOVE New York. The day after my brother's recital I decided to take a walking tour of Manhatten. I ended up walking 250 blocks and I woke up the next morning with shin splints. Shin splints!!! I thought I was in shape from riding my bike every day, but apparently I'm well on my way to geriatric decrepitude.

I didn't bring my paints to New York (it was such a short trip), but I did do some sketches.

The drawing accompanying this post is a drawing I did while standing on a street corner. I think my stubborn refusal to move for five minutes annoyed the people who were trying to use the sidewalk for walking. Well...THEY annoyed ME by not standing still and not posing for my drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment